I was researching for some hadith when i come across this wonderful list of hadith by ‘listenup’
– The best of the houses is the house where an orphan gets love and kindness.
– Much silence and a good disposition, there are no two things better than these.
– Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith.
– When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less.
– It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is, better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words.
– The best richness is the richness of the soul.
– A Muslim who meets with others and shares their burdens is better than one who lives a life of seclusion and contemplation.
– To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
– A Muslim has five duties towards another Muslim; to return a salutation, visit the sick, follow funerals, accept an invitation and say ‘God have mercy on you’ when one sneezes.
– He who has in his heart as much faith as a grain of mustard seed will not enter hell, and he who has in his heart as much pride as a grain of mustard seed will not enter paradise.
– The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry.
– Those who are merciful have mercy shown them by the Compassionate One, if you show mercy to those who are in the earth, He Who is in heaven will show mercy to you.
– What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs (the peace of) your heart, give it up.
– When a man marries, he has fulfilled half of the religion, so let him fear God regarding the remaining half.
– Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind.